[afnog] Flapping POS Interface on Frame-relay between a Juniper and Cisco

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Nov 22 09:40:11 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 02:43:19 PM Righa Shake wrote:

> I did change and put in ietf this over the weekend and
> the link has had some stability now.

Good to hear. Strange, but not unusual. Normally, mismatched
encapsulations would fail a raise of the Layer 2 transport -
but like I said, strange :-).

> The interface flaps have greatly reduced though they are
> still there.

How often? Like, how many times in an hour?

> Am looking at the problem also from SDH level as am also
> thinking the transport media could be an issue.

If you're dealing with a 3rd party, are they seeing any
alarms that correspond to the times you see a flap? If it's
purely an encapsulation issue, then they wouldn't. But if
it's a problem with the infrastructure provider (which I
suspect), they should be seeing some alarms or logging some
donwtime.