[afnog] Flapping POS Interface on Frame-relay between a Juniper and Cisco

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Nov 22 18:12:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net>wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 06:39:37 AM Scott Weeks wrote:
>
> > I believe that it may be the proprietary nature of
> > cisco's frame-relay command.  The Juniper doesn't like
> > it.  You might be able to find out by running debug
> > commands.
>
> I'm not sure that's the issue as it'd be unexpected for the
> link to even come up (stranger things have happened,
> though).
>
> For clarification, the appropriate Cisco command to use to
> get Frame Relay to obey the standards is:
>
>        encapsulation frame-relay ietf

--- Begin forwarded message:
From: Righa Shake <righa.shake at gmail.com>

I did change and put in ietf this over the weekend and the link has had
some stability now.
The interface flaps have greatly reduced though they are still there.

Am looking at the problem also from SDH level as am also thinking the
transport media could be an issue.

That is what I was suggesting previously: frame-relay ietf.  Now the link characteristics have changed, just by setting this to a standard protocol both sides accept.  It seems that the Juniper was partially working with it.  No?

Here is something I found on line, also:
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Junos/Converting-Cisco-to-JUNOS/td-p/32755

scott