[afnog] Flapping POS Interface on Frame-relay between a Juniper and Cisco

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Nov 22 02:08:16 UTC 2011

--- mtinka at globaltransit.net wrote:
From: Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net>
On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 06:39:37 AM Scott Weeks wrote:

> I believe that it may be the proprietary nature of
> cisco's frame-relay command.  The Juniper doesn't like
> it.  You might be able to find out by running debug
> commands.

I'm not sure that's the issue as it'd be unexpected for the
link to even come up (stranger things have happened,
though).

For clarification, the appropriate Cisco command to use to
get Frame Relay to obey the standards is:

	encapsulation frame-relay ietf

Ah, thanks for the clarification.  My apologies for misleading...

scott