[afnog] Blocked or filtered network ?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:02:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

Try "whois -h whois.afrinic.net 41.0.0.0/16" or go to afrinic.net and
enter the network you wish to search for in the WHOIS box:

% Information related to '41.0.0.0 - 41.0.255.255'
inetnum:        41.0.0.0 - 41.0.255.255
netname:        ORG-VA67-AFRINIC
descr:          The IP Block 41.0.0.0/16 has been assigned to Vodacom
Bussiness for ISP bussiness
country:        ZA
admin-c:        JH2-AFRINIC
tech-c:         JH2-AFRINIC
status:         ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by:         VODACOM-MNT
remarks:        Vodacom Bussiness (ASN 36994)
notify:         jacques.hendricks at vodacom.co.za
notify:         jdh at vodacom.co.za
changed:        jacques.hendricks at vodacom.co.za 20080218
changed:        jacques.hendricks at vodacom.co.za 20100419
source:         AFRINIC
parent:         41.0.0.0 - 41.31.255.255
person:         Jacques Hendricks
address:        Vodacom PTY (Ltd)
phone:          +27 21 9409498
e-mail:         Jacques.hendricks at vodacom.co.za