[afnog] How to Subnet in IPv6

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:38:03 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

I often get lots of people who want to know the procedure for doing
IPv6 subnetting like we are used to in IPv4. Before using tools and
utilities to make things easy, I always like to know the general
principles.

I've put up a post about a general and quick procedure on how to
subnet in IPv6. Please do check it out and let me feedback.

[a] General procedure for IPv6 Subnetting
http://techxcellence.net/2012/04/03/ipv6-subnetting-general-procedure/

[b] Quick procedure ('in your head')
http://techxcellence.net/2011/05/09/v6-subnetting-made-easy/

Regards

--
Mukom Akong [Tamon]

“We don't LIVE in order to BREATH. Similarly WORKING in order to make
MONEY puts us on a one way street to irrelevance.“

[In Search of Excellence & Perfection] - http://perfexcellence.org
[Moments of TechXcellence] - http://techexcellence.net
[ICT Business Integration] - http://ibiztech.wordpress.com
[About Me] - http://about.me/perfexcellence