[afnog] LAG on juniper m10i

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 3 01:26:06 UTC 2012

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:26:29 AM ibtisam jamal
wrote:

> We need to aggregate 2 Ge interfaces on M10i routers to
> increase capacity. However the existing Ge interface is
> on its own dedicated 4 Ge PIC. This interface reaches
> 850Mbps utilization .
>
> Never done LAG before ,does this mean that i still need
> another PIC to do the LAG  to avoid packet drops because
> traffic is definitely growing.

The 4-port M7i/M10i Gig-E PIC is limited to a total of 1Gbps
to the FPC.

This means each port runs at 25% of that if all are in use.

If you want the run this PIC at line rate, you'll need to
use only one port, and install another PIC in another slot.
You can can then setup a LAG between them.