[afnog] CFEB issues on juniper

ibtisam jamal ibty.jamal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:10:26 UTC 2012

We had a similar issue on one of the internet routers and  the heap
utilization would go up and we kept monitoring and if it got to around 90%
we restarted the router ,as trial and error, upgraded to junos 10.4R5 then
also installed RE-850.

The heap utilization has been at 62% ever since .

It is not clear what solved the issue because we also installed new routers
with RE-850 for internet traffic only and the routes are as below the only
difference is the RE is RE-850..

ISP_VRF.inet.0: 390462 destinations, 780966 routes (390456 active, 0
holddown, 3
             90288 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

We do not have RE-850 now and we do not have CFEB-e .

I have also noticed this could it be a contributor to the issue

mpls.0: 124645 destinations, 124645 routes (289 active, 124356 holddown, 0
hidden)
Restart Complete
                MPLS:      3 routes,      3 active
                RSVP: 124635 routes,    279 active