[afnog] postfix issue

SM sm at resistor.net
Thu Jun 28 20:53:45 UTC 2012

At 07:57 28-06-2012, SOME Pinguéné Ferdinand F wrote:
>That is the result of telnet:
>telnet mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net 25
>Trying 77.238.177.9...
>Connected to mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>220 mta1084.mail.ird.yahoo.com ESMTP YSmtp service ready
>helo mail.inovapay.com
>250 mta1084.mail.ird.yahoo.com
>Connection closed by foreign host.
>
>It does not let me finish typing mes commands.
>My IP address isn'i blacklisted. I can't send any mail to yahoo

The above does not show the usual SMTP reply code
which Yahoo generally uses in such cases.  The
connection is being closed from Yahoo's end.  I
suggest contacting Yahoo as you cannot send mail
to them.  The short answer is that this is not a network or SMTP issue.

The long answer is that you may not be following
the usual practices for that mail server.  As a
starting point, you can go through the answers at
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=topics&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_US&topics=TOP_POST
That doesn't document most of the usual practices.

Regards,
-sm