[afnog] Router Interface Problems

Emmanuel Tessua etessua at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 17:29:34 UTC 2012

Dear all,
i have recently encountered a problem with my router (Cisco 3700 series). Actually the first router (same) i was using suddenly couldn't pass traffic (there was no internet) only to find out that when i traceroute, traffic stuck on the inter interface (fa0/1). Now i have backed up the configs and restore them into a new router.
This was working fine, but i came to realize that browsing is extremely slow, and i can't even video conference because there are terribly packet loss. Now i find out that there is high latency (600-800ms) from the router serial interface to the modem (i'm using satellite). I logged into the router, and it is strange stat i can't even ping the s0/0 of the router. i can ping fa0/0 and the computers inside the network (clients).
What could be the problem?  Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
Best regards.

TESSUA, Emmanuel (Jr)
Tanzania Global Learning Agency (TaGLA)
IFM Building