[afnog] Router Interface Problems

JC Cockburn ccie15385 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:50:04 UTC 2012

Hi E,

You would need to send more info if you would like any help..

Maybe a config (with your public IP's X'ed out etc.)

But off hand I can tell you satelite do introduce latency (typically 500ms -
700ms).

Regarding the pinging of the local Serial IP.What WAN protocol are enabled
on that Link? If it is PPP or HDLC you should be able to ping. If it is
Frame Relay you might need to add some commands to ping the local IP on the
WAN interface.

Hope this helps.kindoff.

Ciao

JC