[afnog] default gw on Cisco 2960S ...?

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu Feb 21 18:57:13 UTC 2013

Hi Mark, all,

On 2/21/2013 8:58 PM, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2013 07:20:09 PM Frank Habicht
> wrote:
>
>> but:
>> SW2#conf t
>> Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with
>> CNTL/Z. SW2(config)#sd?
>> % Unrecognized command
>> SW2(config)#sd
>>
>> :-(
>>
>> is there any solution?
>
> AFAIK, the dual-stack SDM template is not required on the
> 2960-S; it's only needed on the 2960 and 2960-C.
>
> I believe the release notes for this code speak to the same
> (see the "Note"):
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/15.0_2_se/configuration/guide/swsdm.html#wp1221370

I read Table 8-1 as :
one can choose between '' and '0' for "Indirect IPv6 unicast routes"
especially because of below...

> The same is also mentioned on the link you sent, under the
> first topic "Configuring IPv6 Host Functions".
>
> Have you simply tried "ipv6 route..." :-)?

Yes. did try:

SW2(config)#ipv6 rou?
% Unrecognized command
SW2(config)#ipv6 ?
  flowset         Set flow label random for originated packets
  general-prefix  Configure a general IPv6 prefix
  hop-limit       Configure hop count limit
  host            Configure static hostnames
  icmp            Configure ICMP parameters
  local           Specify local options
  nd              Configure IPv6 ND
  neighbor        Neighbor
  radius          RADIUS configuration commands
  source-route    Process packets with source routing header options
  tacacs          TACACS configuration commands
  traffic         Configure traffic parameters

SW2(config)#ipv6

I feel like considering there _might_ be a bug...
But it's be faster if someone just points out the problem I'm having ;-)
If not I'll try the vendor tomorrow.
I could maybe try to get a default via RA - not the first choice.

>> PS: it has a "ipv6 nd raguard" command :-)
>
> Very nice. Very nice indeed :-).

reason for trying IOS 15...

Frank

PS: showing the ipv6 routes works as advertised (i have none) :
SW2#sh ipv6 static
IPv6 Static routes Table - Default
Codes: * - installed in RIB, u/m - Unicast/Multicast only
       U - Per-user Static route, N - ND Static route
       P - DHCP-PD Static route
       R - Rhi Static route
SW2#