[afnog] Use of BitTorrents in Academic Environments

Anibe Onuche a.onuche at nixp.net
Tue Feb 26 14:03:12 UTC 2013

I agree with the issue that Stephane raised below...

So what are the student downloading? I mean as a student  i have free
bandwidth to play with and i can do as i please.
But wait... Limiting my internet usage could mean denying me internet
rights to access "legitimate content" despite the Volume of the content

My sincere advise , Get dedicated servers with proper login identity,
Have policies that will guide them  e.g no movies, porn , Afcon football
matches :-(
Once We have contents that have been downloaded , other students can
access the database or request for a content if it is not found.

Then we can start talking of Bandwidth restriction.. mind you some
bandwidth will be used for restriction.

Anibe