[afnog] Use of BitTorrents in Academic Environments

NJIE Paul EFOME efomenjie at camtel.cm
Wed Feb 27 13:32:44 UTC 2013

No!! I don’t mean interface ports. Bittorrent uses a mechanism that can
use any TCP or UDP ports. It can even use the most common port 80. So it can
be blocked only on the service(application) level. Many modern firewalls can do
that nowadays and even shape ur traffic hence allocating a fixed BW for this or
any other services. Or even open the service according to bandwidth consumption.

Regards,

 mention, but it controls your bandwidth in