[afnog] BGP /AS filtering

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Mon Jul 1 11:43:22 UTC 2013

Hi
OK so now my question needs to change. I was thinking that I shouldn't
accept bad/private  AS paths from customers that buy transit from me and
should either get them to fix their things or block them until they do.
Clearly this isn't the way things are done.

(Yes soon RPKI will really assist with this but in the meantime)  does one
just filter ^AS-path_ and then all the prefixes that can be received from
them?
How is this generally done?

Thanks
Saul