[afnog] AS Path transparency on Route Server

Anibe Onuche a.onuche at nixp.net
Fri Jun 7 12:23:18 UTC 2013

Hello All..

For the purpose of AS Path transparency, I implemented a Quagga Route
server with the following  configuration

On my Route-server

/Router bgp 33333//
// neighbor 198.XX.XX.1 remote-as 44444//
// neighbor 198.XX.XX.XX route-server-client//
// neighbor 198.XX.XX.XX soft in//
// address-family ipv4 unicast//
// neighbor 198.XX.XX.XX activate/

on my Peer Client

/Router bgp 44444//
//  neighbor 198.XX.XX.2 remote-as 33333//
//  neighbor 198.XX.XX.2 soft in//
//  address-family ipv4 unicast//
//  neighbor 198.XX.XX.2 activate//
//  no bgp enforce-first-as/

Unfortunately, the status on my BGP shows active  :-(

Is there something wrong with my configurations or maybe an omission or
is it just Quagga?

Tried working with BIRD routing protocol but some features lacking (i.e
peer groups),also the learning curve is somewhat steep.

Cisco? Expensive to implement for now..

Thanks...

--

Anibe Onuche