[afnog] AS Path transparency on Route Server

Philip Smith pfsinoz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 12:13:27 UTC 2013

Hi Anibe,

Anibe Onuche said the following on 7/06/13 22:23 :

> For the purpose of AS Path transparency, I implemented a Quagga Route
> server with the following  configuration

I don't have Quagga experience, so can't help with what's wrong here...
Going on my Cisco IOS configuration I use for my IXP Workshops, it looks
right... ;-) The "route-server-client" directive should suppress the
RS's ASN.

> Cisco? Expensive to implement for now..

Mmmm. All you need is a Cisco 7200 which can run 15.2S IOS software
(specifically 15.2(4)S2 which is what I use). And a Cisco 7200 with 256M
RAM and an NPE400 processor is the minimum spec - it can be done pretty
cheaply now.

(Or the ASR1000 as Mark mentioned, but that's, umm, less cheap.)

philip