[afnog] AS filtering question

Philip Smith pfsinoz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:19:18 UTC 2013

Nishal Goburdhan said the following on 5/09/13 00:42 :

> i don't have any interesting logic.
> i usually pick the last two digits of the peer's IP address...  :-)
> sorry, if you were looking for something more intelligent, well, maybe someone with more scars has better ideas ;-)

I wished, nay, asked for many years that Cisco would add named as-path
filters, like we have named access-lists and prefix-lists. I still have
a v long wish list. :-(

Got scars, but no good advice apart from keep it simple. I use off-line
master config file, keep it well documented with detailed comments about
what each as-path filter does. Seems to work for me, but then I'm v used
to that process.

philip