[afnog] AS filtering question

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Sep 5 11:43:57 UTC 2013

On Thursday, September 05, 2013 01:19:18 PM Philip Smith
wrote:

> I wished, nay, asked for many years that Cisco would add
> named as-path filters, like we have named access-lists
> and prefix-lists. I still have a v long wish list. :-(

They fixed that in IOS XR. Some examples:

as-path-set as-path-inbound-some-network
  ios-regex '^(65001_)+$'
end-set
!
as-path-set as-path-inbound-other-network
  ios-regex '^(65002_)+$'
end-set
!
as-path-set as-path-inbound-another-network
  ios-regex '^(65003_)+$',
  ios-regex '^(65003_)+(65004_)+$',
  ios-regex '^(65003_)+(65005_)+$',
  ios-regex '^(65003_)+(65006_)+$',
  ios-regex '^(65003_)+(65007_)+$'
end-set

> Got scars, but no good advice apart from keep it simple.
> I use off-line master config file, keep it well
> documented with detailed comments about what each
> as-path filter does. Seems to work for me, but then I'm
> v used to that process.

Agree - best way in IOS and IOS XE, to be honest.