[afnog] Kindly recommend best step to take.

Ikemefuna Odiachi. i.odiachi at ixp.net.ng
Wed Apr 16 23:37:49 UTC 2014

Please advise:

Situation:
Client with 340 branches across Nigeria
Datacentre (DC) in Benin City (HQ)
Currently establishing a WAN to connect all branches to HQ DC

WAN:
3 Vendors (handling different sites among the 340 branches)
Using Radio and VSAT
All terminating in Benin City DC

Requirement:
All 3 Vendors will drop 1x E1 modem and 1x router as CPE at the HQ DC
I need to integrate the 3 WAN links so that the entire WAN is centrally managed/provisioned from a single core network device

My asks:
1. Which network device would you recommend to do this (aggregation router, multi-layer switch)?
2. If this is unavailable, do you agree that we can use a Cyberoam UTM (CR2500iNG-XP) to perform this aggregation? (We are looking to do this with a default route set up from each of the 3 WAN routers to the Cyberoam)

Warm regards,
Odiachi I.