[afnog] [AfNOG]: Need Help setting up multiple virtual servers in a single computer.

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Sun Aug 24 03:29:37 UTC 2014

Abdifatah Ali Mohamud (farayare100) writes:
> Hello All,
>
> Dear AfNOG community, i hope you are doing well, i am sending this email to
> give me a hand on set-upping multiple virtual servers in my computer (which
> has the capacity of 1TB Storage, 8GB RAM, Corei3 Processor), so that i can
> assign every member in the class its own virtual server and no one can
> interfere the operation of other. i want to host these servers in my
> computer and every one will be allowed to log in his own virtual server
> remotely through putty or other tools, if you could help this issue i would
> appreciate.

	Hello Abdifatah,

	I'd look at libvirt and KVM, which is the quickest way to get started.

	Luckily, we have a complete virtualization workshop on just this topic :)

	You can find the materials for our most recent workshop here:

	https://nsrc.org/workshops/2014/bdnog1/wiki/Track3Agenda

	and a more complete version here:

	https://nsrc.org/workshops/2014/wacren-virtualization/wiki/Agenda

	Materials on Day 2 will cover most of what you need, including how to
	clone virtual machines off of an existing one.

	Let us know if you have questions!

	Cheers,
	Phil Regnauld
	Network Startup Resource Center