[afnog] vpls with LDP juniper

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jan 21 17:27:17 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 01:37:27 PM ibtisam jamal
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to configure vpls with ldp for its
> signalling but its failing to come up.
> On juniper ,please see the below configs for one end ..We
> can not see the where the issue is...
>
>  show configuration routing-instances X200_VPLS
> description "X2000 vpls";
> instance-type vpls;
> interface ge-0/0/0.148;
> route-distinguisher 10.87.0.2:222;
> vrf-target target:64514:222;
> protocols {
>     vpls {
>         vpls-id 2;
>         neighbor 10.87.0.12;
>     }
> }

For LDP-based VPLS signaling, you don't need to set the RD
or RT.

> Enabling ldp
>
> ldp {
>     interface lo0.0;
> }

Assume you have LDP enabled on the core-facing physical
interfaces as well?

Assume you have MPLS enabled on the core-facing physical
interfaces (both at the [interfaces] and [protocols mpls])
hierarchies?