[afnog] 2nd. Call for Papers and Participation - I Workshop pre-IETF (Side Event to CSBC 2014)

Jean Robert Hountomey jean.hountomey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:52:25 UTC 2014

Hi Seun,

Thank you for mentioning this again.

If my memory serves me well, there was some gathering at AfNOG meetings
to get us involved in IETF, the AISF from ISOC and some local initiatives.
- http://www.isoc.org/regions/africa/meetings/mar07.shtml
- http://www.internetsociety.org/events/african-internet-standards-forum

There was also a recent survey from ISOC called Operators and the IETF.
http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/blog/2014/01/new-project-operators-and-the-ietf/

How many operators from Africa took the survey ?

This initiative from LAC is interesting and while I would like to see
something similar in the Region, I understand that an AfIETF is a long
term process and will never happen until someone take the lead and have
the resources to conduct a readiness level assessment, draft a long term
action plan and go forward. Juliao, how did the LAC community achieve
this great initiative?

Jean Robert