[afnog] How to convince providers to take the sane option....

Miku, E. Cornelius miku at habari.co.tz
Wed May 14 08:58:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Observed same problem both on our regional IX and national.

Mark, may be you can explain this scenario;Here a provider advertises the
de-aggregates alright but not all of them and not the aggregate. I know the
provider has not only one /20 but only advertises 2 0r 3 /24s.
And the same provider offer hosting services to local clients which are not
within the prefixes they advertise to IXs. What reason could they have to
do this?

Miku