[afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Sep 18 06:23:43 UTC 2014

On 17 Sep 2014 16:58, "Daniel Kofi ANSA AKUFO" <kofi.ansa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was just reviewing some IPv4 stats allocated in our region and I came
across this disgusting scheme where some ORGs have been assigned huge
chunks of IPv4 in our service region and wasting the resources.

Wasting in what terms.......? Specifics please. .....

> I don't have an issue where IPs are used but my concern is when huge
resources in the order of /12 are issued to virtual ORGs and they tend to
abuse it for spamming and other activities. A typical example is the /16
block which was issued as part of /12 to an ORG last year.

Any empirical evidence that this guys are using the space for SPAM....in
any case.....?

> http://bgp.he.net/net/154.87.0.0/16#_dns
>
> I know for sure some AFRINIC hostmasters did their best to prevent this
but then their efforts are over ridden by so called management ...

> The issue gets even sour when well known service providers through their
officials assist these so called ORGs to perpetrate these abuse.

ISP business is not to police downstream customers but to offer then
transit.......