[afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:46:10 UTC 2014

On 19/09/2014 12:03, Kofi ANSA AKUFO wrote:

> It would be blown away, if such candles are lit on a windy day. Of
> course, no one will notice if it is sunny as well.
>
> Would be great if people see you as stimulating discussions, and
> not belly-aching about the organization, its processes and the
> integrity of the management and staff. What looks visible here, is
> the prophet and not the message. Perhaps you need to change your
> tactics and method for a reasonable impact. Discretion is the
> greater part of valour.
>
> Sunday
>
>> Thanks for sharing your opinion. Could you be specific where any
>> staff of AFRINIC has been criticized in this post other than the
>> process and framework staff find themselves working in?

You wrote this ... "I know for sure some AFRINIC hostmasters did their
best to prevent this but then their efforts are over ridden by so
called management ..." here
http://afnog.org/pipermail/afnog/2014-September/001824.html  Is "So
Called Management" a normal grammatical construct?

>> I believe you been a board member can help to enlighten the
>> community about the processes and ADDRESS the issues rather than
>> shut down discussions.

Go and read my exploits and position with the now dead and buried
Academic policy, co-authored with Andrew Alston, who is now also a
Board member. We crooned, begged, preached and populated the mailing
lists took several mikes at Lusaka, Abidjan and lately Djobouti. Wake
up! There is no room for selective Amnesia here.

>> As a long standing board member let the community know whether
>> the board approved the first time allocation of /12 IPv4 to this
>> ORG?

The Board approves policies, not allocations. Show me where in the
rule, it tasks the Board with approving allocations?

> If yes why?

Not Applicable.

>> What policies framework was followed to approve this block?

Ask our hostmasters after the next hostmasters' report at the next
meeting in MU. If you want them to seek approval from you, propose a
policy in that regard.

>> This will help to enlighten the community about the flaws in our
>> processes and policies and sensitize many when it comes to voting
>> and implementation of policies.

Cool. I however have not seen anyone display some lack of
understanding of our policies here, rather the deliberate attempt to
pull down the house.

When I checked .... https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=193262322

I saw a Kofi ANSA AKUFO, IP Resource Analyst AFRINIC
June 2013 – December 2013 (7 months)Ebene Mauritius
- - Handling of requests for AFRINIC membership.
- - Allocation and assignment of address space in response to approved
requests.
[Others deleted]

Perhaps the community should be asking you if it is ... Sour grapes?

If you have the slightest idea about how we can keep African Addresses
in Africa for the sake of Africans, bring it on. I will support you to
high heavens.

Sunday.