[afnog] A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Kofi ANSA AKUFO kofi.ansa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:36:23 UTC 2014

On 19 September 2014 17:17, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kofi,
>
> On 19/09/2014 13:28, Kofi ANSA AKUFO wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps the community should be asking you if it is ... Sour
> > grapes?
> >

> >> Come on Sunday lets not resort to personal attacks but rather
> >> address there issues in the discussion. Again lets address the
> >> issues.
>
> When you alluded to some "So called Management", was I the one
> resorting to foul language? I was just trying to let you know that
> some people are reading, and they can THINK. Why not take Randy's advise?

Agreed and sincerely apologize that was not meant to be interpreted that
way.

> > If you have the slightest idea about how we can keep African
> > Addresses in Africa for the sake of Africans, bring it on. I will
> > support you to high heavens.
> >
> > Exactly - the first process is learning to ask the right
> > questions.
>
> I enrolled, but dropped out of the Ph.D. class ;)

Please lets stick to policy discussion and issues relating.

> >> Should we be asking "how to keep African Addresses in Africa for
> >> the sake of Africans" given the inherent globalization footprints
> >> of these internet resources?
> >
> >> OR
> >
> >> Should we be asking how to exploit the challenges and impact of
> >> current technologies (State of art Data Centers,Virtualization,
> >> City Surveillance Systems, R&D etc) which are gradually becoming
> >> defacto standards with our Regions Allocations to spark regional
> >> development.
> >

> No matter the question you want to pose ... show me a solution and I
> will advocate it. Again, I joined by asking you to light the candle
> and not curse the darkness. You have worked in AfriNIC and know by now
> where policies are needed. Why not propose some policy and save us
> this rigmarole?
>
> There are existing policies in place already which need better
implementation. Please refer to IPv4 Allocation policy link  below

http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/126-afpub-2005-v4-001

I have pointed out how hostmasters make recommendations to management so I
ask again;

For such large allocations would it not be good for board involvement ?
who evaluate and allocate the /12?
Would you agree with me the persons responsible should see if the usage
 comply and if not REACT?

> We should not run AfriNIC like some African states, where executive
> power does things, instead of the laid down rules. In fact, we should
> resist just that. I am a firm believer in the fact that Government
> should be of laws, rather than of men.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_law
>
> I am assuming that all the other issues I responded to, are now
> rested, within the confines of your privileged position of being
> sheltered in the organization before.

No Sunday similar questions were asked in DJ and no answers to date we need
answers. Not addressing the questions really "lights candles" if you agree
with me.

Cheers