[afnog] developing BGP tools

Hiba Eltigani higba6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:03:13 UTC 2015

Hello Scott
  good sources :), but I have a question in the same line. Once we had
service provider which ask us to create our routing objects in RIPE IRR
database before specific time to make sure that its filter will be updated
and allow our new routes. This reduced a lot of communication and time and
made it easy for us to change our policy without worrying about whether the
provider updated their filter or not. We want to replicate that for our
customers but we have no clue how they managed to update their BGP filters
automatically from IRR database. Do you have any information about this?

BR

On 13 February 2015 at 03:27, Scott Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:

> --- samir.saif at sudren.edu.sd wrote:
> From: "Samir S. Omer" <samir.saif at sudren.edu.sd>
>
> I'm interested in developing a set of network online toolkit in my
> organization such as bgp looking glass, prefix & announcement reports
> ...etc. (something similar to http://bgp.he.net)
> I would appreciate it if anyone can explain to me how can this be done, or
> point me to some good resources.
>

> Not sure how up-to-date they are, but here's some:
>
> http://www.traceroute.org/#source%20code
> http://wiki.version6.net/lg
> http://xmodulo.com/bgp-looking-glass-server-centos.html
>

> scott