[afnog] Filtering outgoing SPAM

Geert Jan de Groot GeertJan.deGroot at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 26 22:07:17 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:32:30 +0200 Mark Elkins wrote:
> One possible idea is to block all outbound SMTP at your border router
> and only accept outbound SMTP from some controlled Mail Relay system.
> This could be running "ASSP" or simply be a Mail System with decent
> Anti-Spam software.

That may work for typical end users, but I very much would like
to see my mail queue and see whether messages get stuck.

I'm a residential customer of a Dutch ISP (XS4all) that fortunately
allows SMTP (and various other protocols to be filtered
(incoming and outgoing) on a per-customer basis.
I believe some filtering is enabled by default, and
customers who do mind this and understand the issues, can disable
the filter through a customer portal.
It's the best of both worlds, but it may give you more customer handling.

Geert Jan