[afnog] DSTV HD Model 45 Decoder not displaying DMX text on what is playing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Sep 16 09:17:39 UTC 2015

On 16/Sep/15 08:23, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> ... But there are little data services that can make online streaming
> experience enjoyable; both in pocket and to the eyes.

If you mean in terms of data bundles (the bane of my existence), then
yes, this could hurt the pocket. Then again, mobile carriers providing
data services could offer this as a flat-rate service, if they have a
compelling service.

Otherwise, most decent online radio streaming services support rate
adaptive codecs. So they will run even on reasonably poor links.