[afnog] IPv6 for residential customers in Mauritius

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:21:57 UTC 2016

On 17 August 2016 at 13:09, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have not seen or heard of any initiatives from any of the
> African mobile operators on their implementation of IPv6 in their core
> backbones,

There are quite a few. I get about 3 - 5 mails with evidence per year of
guys who run core networks that have done this. Unfortunately, it's often
been an engineer high up the hierarchy and with enough passion for IPv6
that they could do it without a 'formal' process and approval. That's what
tends to keep them silent and not talk about it.

> for their services or to consumer mobile devices. If things are, indeed,
> happening, please come out of the woodwork and make some noise. We are
> eager to listen and support.

I guess we'll have to re-design the AFRINIC IPv6 Program as well as other
community initiatives to bring out these guys.

--

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran