[afnog] IPv6 for residential customers in Mauritius

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:33:00 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Jan Zorz - ISOC <zorz at isoc.org> wrote:
> On 17/08/16 14:05, Mark Tinka wrote:
>>
>> The main challenge is to the consumer, both to the home and (especially)
>> to the mobile.
>

> Hi,
>
> IPv6 on mobile should be much much easier than "to the home"... There are
> ways how to enable IPv6 on mobile networks and start giving to users
> IPv6-only PDP contexts without them even noticing that they are on IPv6. In
> this case 464XLAT is very useful and T-Mobile USA currently has over 12
> million mobile devices on IPv6-only and absolutely no complaints at helpdesk
> because of IPv6.

Agree with you here Jan. 464xlat for mobile providers is probably one
of the least painful paths for IPv6 migration. However, it's also a
reality that many mobile phone owners (in Mauritius) still own android
2.2 smartphones, which doesn't have the clat demon.

Probably the best option is to offer upgrade plans for those customers
with old smartphones.