[afnog] NAT64/DNS64 public testing (was Re: A heads up on a nasty IPv6 bug)

Jan Zorz - ISOC zorz at isoc.org
Wed Aug 31 09:10:24 UTC 2016

On 30/08/16 09:57, Daniel Shaw wrote:

>> On 23 Aug 2016, at 2:49 PM, Jan Zorz <zorz at isoc.org> wrote:
>>
>> Comments, feedback, thoughts and functionality/breakage reports
>> are strongly welcomed and encouraged!
>>

> Hi Jan!
>
> Great to see you’ve opted to try out Jool - I’ve had it in a “to do”
> list of bookmarks for some time, but as yet not got that far down the
> list.
>
> So, as someone interested in implementing this, I’d love to have you
> share a bit more info on the Jool config when you have a bit of
> time.
>
> Basically, I note that the documentation online from the project as a
> few different “runs” - using different modes/methods. They all seem
> reasonably well documented, so mostly just curious which overall
> architecture or “run” you have set up?

Hey,

Setup was a mixed-bag as it was not completely straight forward.

I installed Debian stretch/sid in a VM and updated to latest kernel.
Then I decided to go DKMS/git way and followed the instructions.

Kernel modules went all good, but when I wanted to compile the tools it
started going wrong. First of all, you need to fix a bug in configure
script that tests some versions. After that, make fails because of some
library issues. Finally I installed pkg-config and when gcc fails in
"stateless" or "stateful" directory you go there, copy the whole gcc
line and add "$(pkg-config --cflags --libs libnl-3.0 libnl-genl-3.0)" to
the end (and repeat that in all other dirs where gcc fails). It's an old
trick, learned in times where packaging system was still not very
elaborated ;)

After that, all went fine. You insert the kernel modules and you are
basically done. You need that tools just if you want to control what's
going on with the modules.

Did you test it remotely? Can you also test other implementations and
report back if you can see any differences or breakage?

Cheers and thnx, Jan

--
Jan Zorz
Internet Society