[afnog] BGP issues and strange traffic

Folarin Oluwafemi folarin077 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 22:24:12 UTC 2016

Hello Group Members,

I recently did BGP peering with my  upstream provider and everything was
fine until a few days

time when i observe strange traffic from the interface of my WAN.

What i saw using torch tool (network real-time monitor) on Mikrotik was
traffic hitting my WAN

interface from IP prefix from unknown locations  hitting my router for  DNS
service that i can't

explain..

I disabled my LAN Public  IP block of 196.13.111.0/24 and observed keenly
the scenario and still

observed high traffic coming in.

Because of this act, i have not been able to enjoy good internet service
from my provider.

Any filtering mechanism that can be used or how this attack can be
mitigated.

Attached is the snapshot of what am refering to.

*ETHER 5 is the interface facing my ISP *

*ETHER 3 is my LAN interface 196.13.111.0/24
<http://196.13.111.0/24> disabled*

I need assistance from the group in helping out.

Regards.
--
I am what God says I am