[afnog] Subscriber Management with BNG

Vincent Mwamba vincent at africonnect.co.zm
Tue Jan 19 07:33:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are in the process of installing Broadband network gateways(BNG) on ASR9k for subscriber management in the access network using PPPoE and IPoE.
We have a few concerns we would like some help with.

1. How can we achieve Geo-redundancy without using proprietary cisco technology (nV cluster / Geo loacation) if possible.
2. How can we have users dialing at any of the (2) locations and still get the same IP address.
3. We have the BNGs connected directly to the Core network, is it okay to have the /32s at the point of entry into the core(about 5k routes). with this it allows a customer to dial from any location and pick the same address.
4. If the third point is not best practice how can we summarize without introducing other devices.
5. Any other help is appreciated

Thanks

Vincent