[afnog] Subscriber Management with BNG

Vincent Mwamba vincent at africonnect.co.zm
Wed Jan 20 08:27:35 UTC 2016

Thank you Andrew :)

From: "Andrew Alston" <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
To: "Vincent Mwamba" <vincent at africonnect.co.zm>, afnog at afnog.org
Sent: Wednesday, 20 January, 2016 10:01:12
Subject: RE: Subscriber Management with BNG

Hi Vincent,

Depends on the segment of the network.

We use a system called 6connect Provision as an IPAM system, and this supports a full API and smart assignments and various other really nifty features (including really detailed v6 support and support for handling both forward and reverse DNS).

Our provisioning systems in many cases talk via API calls to this system to allocate space and do reverse DNS and this is done for both where we are doing v4 and v6.

As a note, while running the risk of getting shot for product endorsement, I can honestly say that having tested almost every IPAM system on the market, * NOTHING * has been able to touch 6connect Provision, and once AfriNIC has their REST API’s in place, it will even allow you to SWIP space directly to the RIR whois database to keep records up to date. Yes, its pricey, but worth every cent!

Anyone who wants more details can contact me (please note: I do not have any direct affiliation with 6connect so I say these things purely because it really is an excellent product)

Thanks

Andrew