[afnog] Subscriber Management with BNG

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Jan 20 09:44:56 UTC 2016

Vincent,

with /29's - I'm assuming you'll be providing non-NAT-ed IPv4 addresses
- and allow the Customer to run NAT on their individual networks?

So, while you are planning and building this network, can I suggest that
you add IPv6 to it from day one.

A suitable allocation to an end user is anything between a /48 and
perhaps stretching to a /60 (nothing smaller).

If the customer is a Home a /56 could be considered suitable. If the
customer is anything bigger, that is, Business, School or place with 10
or more people, then use a /48. (This would be what I'd do - your
mileage may vary).

Even if you disable the IPv6 configuration to some home users (for what
ever reason), build a dual stacked network.