[afnog] NAT64 for Dual Stacking!

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri May 13 19:14:58 UTC 2016

On 13/May/16 11:41, Randy Bush wrote:

> and i suspect that mark tinka will be the best source of info on which
> boxes and versions; so i will avoid putting my foot in it.  otoh, you
> might give somme clue as to how big a 6-only network you want to nat.

ASR1000 has great support for NAT64/DNS64 and 464XLAT. The beauty with
this platform is that this is all native to the ESP's that are part of
the router.

For the Juniper MX, you'll need either an MS-MIC or MS-DPC. Money.

For the Cisco CRS and ASR9000, you'll need a CGSE or ISM line card,
respectively. Money.

Also, note that NAT64 on the ASR1000 supports both intra- and
inter-chasis stateful replication.