[afnog] Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol implementations may improperly determine LSA recency

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Jul 29 11:09:54 UTC 2017

> If anyone in our region needs help making the switch to IS-IS, I'm
> happy to offer some basic, simple tips.

i think vijay did the best preso, converting aol from ospf to is-is.

userpages.umbc.edu/~vijay/work/ppt/oi.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuMxmpi7zU

essentially, run the two as ships in the night, preferring old
protocol.  when you can conclusively measure that both protocols
have the identical routes, prefer the new one, then remove the
old one.

randy