[afnog] RIB/FIB size

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu May 4 14:06:58 UTC 2017

Hi Ibtisam,

I tend to think that FIB/RIB depends on someones configuration but in any
case for that particular platform from juniper forums, folks are suggesting
below numbers.

RIB IPv4 capacity = 6.000.000.

FIB IPv4 capacity = 550.000

FIB IPv6: 375.000

RIB IPv6: 3.000.000

However if you have access to an *m10i *iron, I would seriously recommend
you try below cmd-lines and see what max-prefix you get for both inet and
inet6.

*root# set routing-options maximum-prefixes?  *

*root# set routing-options rib inet6.0 maximum-prefixes ?   *

Cheers,

Noah

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:29 PM, ibtisam jamal <ibty.jamal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
> Please advice what is the RIB and FIB size for  Juniper m10i Routing
> Engines ( RE-5.0 and RE-B-1800x1 ).
>

> Regards,
> Ibtisam Jamal

*./noah*