[afnog] Webinar Invitation - Deploy IPv6 to end nodes in Enterprises

training at afrinic.net training at afrinic.net
Fri Nov 29 12:56:40 UTC 2019

Hello All,

We are running out of IPv4 at a very fast pace, and it is high time we
deploy IPv6 in our networks before we are forced to by reality.

A very critical part of these networks consists of end nodes with
various operating systems(Android, MACOS, Linux...)

Deploying IPv6 in this type of environment should factor in all the
different operating systems and their different default behaviour.

In this webinar, we are going to look at how an enterprise network can
deploy IPv6 to end nodes covering factors that need to be considered in
various environments.

Below are the detailed objectives.

 1. Outline the steps an enterprise network needs to take, to be IPv6 ready
 2. Explain IPv6 Neighbor discovery
 3. Understand and configure SLAAC, Stateful and Stateless DHCPv6
 4. Outline various deployment scenarios and advise which provisioning
    technique to use
 5. Describe IPv6 security considerations for end nodes

Date: 5th December 2019

Time: 16:30 GST (Mauritius, Seychelles)

    - 12:30 UTC (Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire)

    - 13:30 WAT (Nigeria, Cameroon)

    - 15:30 EAT (Kenya, Uganda)

    - 14:30 SAST (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini)

This webinar will be in English, as usual, a French version will be
organised later.

Register at:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7615686260131/WN_G5YBs5K0SHSYUAh_Sx2wlw
to secure your seat - first come first in basis.

Warm Regards