[afnog] Another Perspective - Kentik's View on the Facebook Outage

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Oct 7 17:49:55 UTC 2021

Hi Mark,
At 08:19 AM 07-10-2021, Mark Tinka wrote:
>In relative terms, that kind of sustained hourly loss can be written
>off as not-even a rounding error, when you have such an operation.

Come up with a number would require an academic exercise.  I haven't
looked in it as I was more interested in the topic below.

For people interested in configuration management, the following
illustrates how to configure over 17,000 systems :
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x-supporting/default/files/presentations/cfgmgmt.pdf

Regards,
S. Moonesamy