[afnog] Why do you advertise the most specifics (and not just your aggregate or a combination of both)?

Willy Manga mangawilly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:54:35 UTC 2023

Hi All,

randow survey to gather opinions here ...

Why do you advertise specifics? (And sometimes only the more specifics)

- Traffic engineering ?

- Because you were told you *must* advertise specifics all the time and
in that scenario in IPv4 every single /24 ?

I'm asking because I'm concerned by the fact 'many' ASn are
desaggregating their IPv4 prefixes for the second reason.

If they keep that mindset and start with IPv6, they might think they
would have to always desaggregate and advertise every single /48 !

In fact I'm noticing the same pattern with some ASN in IPv6 :(

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy