[afnog] Re: AFTLD nomination of liaison to ccNSO Council

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Sun Jun 5 17:04:53 EAT 2005

All,

If we in Africa are to participate in the current issues on the ccNSO, including the
ccPDP, then we need to have a good liaison appointed from AFTLD by 18 June 2005.
However, the ICANN bylaws do not seem to set a deadline for the a regional
organisation to put in place a liaison to the ccNSO Council.

The ccNSO has now started a policy development process (ccPDP) that needs input from
the regional organisations, see e-amil from ccNSO Chair copied below.  I have
attached the Issues Report that has been approved by the ccNSO Council for your
reference. You can see from the timeline in Section 8 that AFTLD needs to meet a few
deadlines.

On the timeline, the ccNSO Council has approved to start receiving appointments from
regional organisations for the ccPDP on 6 June 2005 and this will close on 18 June
2005.

As of now, only Africa does not have a liaison to the ccNSO Council. The Africa
region can continue to rely on the three ccNSO Council members that represent
Africa, BUT, I think the best arrangement is to have a liaison from AFTLD to the
ccNSO Council because council members do not necessarily represent regional
organisations.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda