[afnog] VLANs on Cisco Catalyst 2950

Bruce Zamaere bzamaere at gmail.com
Fri May 26 11:29:43 EAT 2006

Pactrick / Mark

Thanks for the prompt replies! Below is the entire running config.
-----------cut here-----
sh run

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1941 bytes

!

version 12.1

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

no service password-encryption

!

hostname Switch

!

!

ip subnet-zero

!

spanning-tree mode pvst

no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

spanning-tree extend system-id

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

 switchport access vlan 101

 switchport mode access

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/2

 switchport access vlan 102

 switchport mode access

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/3

 switchport access vlan 103

 switchport mode access

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/4

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/5

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/6

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/7

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/8

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/9

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/10

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/11

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/12

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/13

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/14

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/15

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/16

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/17

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/18

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/19

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/20

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/21

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/22

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/23

 no ip address

!

interface FastEthernet0/24

 switchport trunk allowed vlan 101-103

 switchport mode trunk

 no ip address

!

interface Vlan1

 ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

 no ip route-cache

 shutdown

!

interface Vlan101

 ip address 10.1.101.1 255.255.255.0

 no ip route-cache

 shutdown

!

interface Vlan102

 ip address 10.1.102.1 255.255.255.0

 no ip route-cache

 shutdown

!

interface Vlan103

 ip address 10.1.103.1 255.255.255.0

 no ip route-cache

!

ip http server

!

!

line con 0

line vty 0 4

 login

line vty 5 15

 login

!

end
At the moment I have to host on ports 1 and 24 with IPs on their respective
subnets. I can only ping the switch when the vlan in question is brought up!
Also from the switch I can't ping the host or the interface unless the vlan
is brought up. So if I can only have one vlan up at a time how should my
config / setup change?

I appreciate your assistance guys!

rgds,

Bruce.