[afnog] VLANs on Cisco Catalyst 2950

Gabriel Oladapo-Sotonwa sotonwa at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 31 11:28:13 EAT 2006

Hello Friends,

  Having being a member of this mailing list for some time now and seeing the way solutions were profer to different problems, i was moved to share a problem i have been facing in my office for an urgent solution please.

  I tried giving internet access to the second and third floor of the 3 stories building of my officeand but it wouldn't just work out.

  The internet link/cable from the vsat came directly through the modem to a 4 port linksys router/switch and another cable took the access to a D-Link switch at the ground floor that is serving all systems on the ground and first floor.

  I now want to take another link/cable from that same linksys at the ground floor to a D-link switch on the second floor so as to serve the systems connected to the switch but the link is always blinking. I then brought an ordinary cable from the ground floor switch to a workstation on the third floor and it is browsing but when you put the same cable on the switch, it will be unstable. what do i do? people on the 2nd and 3rd floors need to browse urgently.

  I eagerly awaits the suggestion of the experts in the house as my integrity is at stake in the office.

  Yours

  Gabriel Sotonwa
  Network Administrator