[afnog] VLANs on Cisco Catalyst 2950

David Chima dchima at malswitch.com
Wed May 31 11:52:07 EAT 2006

Try using a crosover cable. eventhough that switch may intelligently do the switching with a straight but experience
(to me) has shown that a D-Link Switch doesn't work uplinking with a straight cable.

Regards

David

On 31 May 2006 at 9:28, Gabriel Oladapo-Sotonwa wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> Having being a member of this mailing list for some time now and seeing the way solutions were profer to different
> problems, i was moved to share a problem i have been facing in my office for an urgent solution please.
>
> I tried giving internet access to the second and third floor ofthe 3 stories building of my officeand but it wouldn't
> just work out.
>
> The internet link/cable from the vsat came directly through the modem to a 4 port linksys router/switch and another
> cable took the access to a D-Link switch at the ground floor that is serving all systems on the ground and first
floor.

> I now want to take another link/cable from that same linksys at the ground floor to a D-link switch on the second
floor
> so as to serve the systems connected to the switch but the link is always blinking.I then brought an ordinary cable
from
> the ground floor switch to a workstation on the third floorand it is browsing but when you put the same cable on the
> switch, it will be unstable. what do i do? people on the 2nd and 3rd floors need to browse urgently.
>
> I eagerly awaits the suggestion of the experts in the house as my integrity is at stake in the office.
>
> Yours
>
> Gabriel Sotonwa
> Network Administrator
>
> Yahoo! Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo.

Malswitch
Old Reserve Bank Building,
Victoria Venue,
P.O. Box 384, Blantyre, Malawi.