Re: E1Definition

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 09:45:33AM +0200, Lawrence Mashungwa wrote:
> B. R2 signalling..
> Is R2 siganlling digital or Analog..Hopefully they are modern and its digital
> If analog -( you are alone)
> Set line supervsion to CAS
> set ABCD idle states (for voice comms)

Ouch... Channel Associated Signalling? I remember reading about that once
(when I was writing a DPNSS stack, a long time ago)

If I remember rightly, you send one set of ABCD bits every 16 frames, i.e.
500 times per second. They are simply multiplexed into timeslot 16. It's a
very primitive form of signalling, where a pattern of 4 bits indicates the
current line state (as you wrote).

However, I don't know how in that case how the dialling of digits is
performed - is it 'loop disconnect' by pulsing the ABCD bits? Or is it done
using in-band DTMF tones? Or some other way?

In either case, are most NAS's able to deal with this?

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put