Re: Access servers

hello Antonio,

>I need some help in choosing a new access server.
>I am now running Portmasters as my access servers and the
>authentication takes quite a while for dial -in users. Someone told me
>that he had the same problem and it went away as soon as he got a
>3Com access server.

The authentication delay is not only the Acces server problem! I strongly
sugest you to firts check  your authentication process and the ressouce
allow for the process according to the numer of users you have.

>I guess most people in this list are working related to ISP and I would
>like to have your opinions on the type of access server for dial-in
>clients which supports both analogue lines as well as ISDN PRI rate.

I'm using Portmaster too  but i have a good auttentication time even from a
remot site (POP).

--Adiel

--------
Adiel AKPLOGAN  - Directeur des Nouvelles Technologies
C at FENet - CAFE Informatique & télécommunications - TG
mailto:akp-adiel at cafe.tg  - http://www.cafenet.tg - ICQ# 43233952
Tél. +228 255 555  | Mobile: +228 076666 | Fax: +228 256 666

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org