Re: Access servers

I had a backup server but I have just removed it since it made no
difference. However, I am not using database but if you know how I
could implement that, I would like to learn it. I had heard about the
database in dbm but I don't know how to go about doing it. I tried to
follow some pointers about it in the internet but never managed to
have it working.
We have at the moment 95 lines.

Cheers.

> > I am using a radius server for authentication. I have three PM2e. I
> > have 1500 dial-in users.
>

> With up to 1500 users, you should have:
>
> 1- radius servers(primary and backup) with enough ressources(processor
> et memory etc ...) used only for radius. [to ensure good response
> time]
>
> 2- Use database(dbm or sql....) to find users.[recommended with more
> than 500 users]
>
> 3- Make sure that your PM are not authenticating users on second
> server after timeout  with the first one.
>
> hope this helps
>
> ( how many line do you have ?)
>
> --alain

Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP, MCP+Internet, MCSE
Address:Av. Julius Nyerere 947 3rd floor esq
Maputo - Mozambique
Phone  : 258-1-490860
e-mail : ANTONIO at nambu.uem.mz

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org