Re: FreeBSD Crashes with Squid (fwd)

it's doesn't follow that becasue squid doesn't restart when the machine
comes up that squid is at fault...

you should be restarting squid via script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/

I really doubt that code red probes could realisiticaly take down an http
server running apche on freebsd do to mere load. note though that code red
is preferentially scanning you local class c and class space a. if you see
codered request against your server (or worse in your squid logs) from you
ipspace, you need to find those machines and "educate" the users/servers,
I generally prefer a claw-hammer.

what squid are you running currently... and what freebsd?

if you get a core file from squid. that might be useful...

a common enough failure mode for squid is running out of space on one of
your filesystems but I assume thats probably not an issue in this case...

joelja

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult at gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org